NSF/LSAMP Undergraduate Research Program
The National Science Foundation and Philadelphia Region Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (NSF/LSAMP) Undergraduate Research Program allows university science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) students to work on cutting-edge research in various disciplines for faculty members in the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Perelman School of Medicine, the School of Arts & Sciences, and The Wharton School.
The goal of LSAMP is to expose undergraduate students to a laboratory research experience as a means of motivating them to complete their bachelor’s degree in STEM and matriculate into STEM or other graduate and professional programs. Interested participants can see more information about this program by downloading the application and schedule.
- The program consists of a 10-week summer research experience.
- Each student is provided with a summer stipend.
- Students perform cutting-edge research in state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Students work under the mentorship of world-renowned professors in various research centers at Penn.
- Students participate in weekly workshops dealing with topics such as improving presentation skills and developing a better understanding of current issues in the graduate admissions process.
- Participants attend seminars presented by faculty, graduate students and AMP alumni.
- Students participate in both a Penn Engineering AMP symposium at the end of the 10-week period and the Philadelphia AMP Research Symposium held with our partner institution every Fall.
- Students must attend one of the following institutions: Penn, Drexel, Temple, University of Delaware, Delaware State, Cheyney, Lincoln, Community College of Philadelphia, or New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Must be a student majoring in a STEM discipline with good academic standing.
- Students may apply from their freshman through senior years.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Application deadline is Friday, February 19, 2021
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Mail the form and requested materials to:
- Yulanda Essoka
Associate Director, NSF/Philadelphia Region LSAMP
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
School of Engineering and Applied Science
125 Towne Building
220 South 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6391
- Yulanda Essoka
Questions may be addressd to Ms. Essoka at 215-898-7084 or firstname.lastname@example.org